Shelby knew she wanted to become a lawyer as far back as the age of ten when she met a phenomenal lawyer who showed her first-hand the difference a dedicated and passionate advocate can make in the life of a client. Shelby decided then and there that she wanted to grow up to give a voice to those who could not advocate for themselves, and to hold others accountable for the harm they cause. She joined the firm after passing the Florida Bar in 2022 and has taken up the fight at Taylor, Warren, Weidner & Hancock for policyholders and injured victims. Shelby's practice focuses on representing policyholders when their insurance companies do not treat them fairly and wrongfully underpay, delay, or deny claims as well as personal injury matters. Within her first year of practice, Ms. Savage has already successfully argued motions before the court on tedious discovery matters and skillfully mediated cases to a resolution far better than the insurance company initially offered.
Shelby is dedicated to getting to know her clients on a personal level by listening and understanding their needs and what they have been through so she can effectively tell their story to the insurance company, the mediator, the judge, and ultimately the jury. She is committed to earning her clients' trust and making sure they have all the information they need to make the best decisions to protect their rights and recover. Whether you have been injured or feel an insurance company has not treated you fairly and you need help, Shelby is looking forward to your call.
When she is not passionately advocating for her clients, Shelby likes to read and review books, knit, garden, bake, and spend as much time in the Florida sunshine as possible. Shelby was also awarded the Most Memorable Sneeze in eighth grade. She is a supertaster (it is a real thing). And she won Best Last Name for a Lawyer in law school. We think Shelby is pretty savage.
- Florida, 2022
- Insurance Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Bad Faith Claims
- Escambia Santa Rosa County Bar Association, Member
- Escambia Santa Rosa County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- University of Alabama School of Law, 2022 J.D.
- University of South Alabama, 2019 B.A. in English and Political Science, with honors
Awards and Honors:
- University of Alabama School of Law, Public Interest Certification
- University of Alabama School of Law, Student Pro Bono Award
- Articles Editor for The Journal of the Legal Profession (2021-2022)
- Published Student Note in The Journal of the Legal Profession, 46th Edition: The Best of Both Worlds: Granting Derivative Use Immunity for Parents in Juvenile Proceedings
- 2021 Campbell Moot Court Competition Semi-Finalist
- 2022 Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition Outstanding Advocate