Do You Need an Insurance Dispute Lawyer?
Insurance is complicated. See if you can answer these questions:
- Will you be paid for the replacement cost or the actual cash value of your damaged property and how much should it be depreciated?
- Is your damage from a storm covered if wind caused the damage versus water?
- What do public adjusters do and how are they paid?
- Do you have obligations under the insurance policy to cooperate with the insurance company and provide certain documents?
- Are there things you might do that could unknowingly forfeit your coverage?
If you don't know the answer to these types of questions and you are handling an insurance claim on your own, you should contact an experienced insurance claim lawyer to help you with your claim. There is no cost to you to schedule a free initial consultation with our office so we can meet you, talk about what happened, review your policy and discuss your coverage, and tell you the best steps you can take to make sure your rights under the policy are protected. Contact us. If you have an insurance claim, do not think the insurance company will always act in your best interest and that there is no need or some hidden cost for bringing someone in to look out for you. Here are some questions our insurance dispute clients often ask us and some of the information and advice we provide in response:
- Will my homeowner's insurance pay if there was damage to the property before the incident?
- If the insurance company will not pay what is owed, will we have to go to trial?
- Should I clean up and repair the damage without talking to my insurance company first?
- Can the insurance company deny coverage for mistakes I made on my application or proof of loss?