Who the Adjuster Works For

The Adjuster Works For the Insurance Company

Never forget: the insurance adjuster works for the insurance company. They have incentive to downplay your damages and minimize your claim so the insurance company does not have to pay as much, or anything, on your claim. The insurance company is in the business of making money, which means paying out less on insurance claims than they collect in premiums. This is the company that has sent the adjuster out to you. No matter how pleasant, understanding, and zealous the adjuster may claim to be about getting you the most money possible, remind yourself they are employed by your insurance company and concerned with its bottom line, not yours. Insurance adjusters hired by the insurance companies may be called private adjusters. The insurance company often hires private adjusters to work on claims for their company, especially in areas of widespread damage where the need for claims adjusters is high.

Should You Hire a Public Adjuster?

A public adjuster, on the other hand, is an adjuster licensed by the Florida Department of Financial Services who works on your behalf to prepare your claim, appraise your damages, and negotiate with your insurance company the amount of money you will be paid for repairs to your home and replacement of your personal property. Public adjusters are usually paid a percentage of your recovery amount rather than by the insurance company, they have incentive to seek out and document every element of your damages and maximize the recovery on your insurance claim. If you have suffered damage to your home or business from a fire, flood, wind, or storms like Hurricane Michael or Sally and are considering hiring a public adjuster or have questions about a public adjuster you have already hired, contact us. We would be happy to discuss your rights regarding public adjusters and how we work in conjunction with public adjusters. Always understand your legal rights before hiring any public adjuster. 

Free Consultation

We never charge any fee or cost for an initial consultation to explain your rights. If you’ve been injured in a car accident or have question about an insurance claim, contact us.